- The typical season is said to start June 1 and end November 30
- Most hurricanes make landfall in September, followed by August and October
- A typical year has 12 named storms, 6 hurricanes, and 3 major hurricanes
- The August report anticipates 14 named storms, 7 hurricanes, and 2 major hurricanes this 2019 season
○ NOAA recently stated that this season could be worse than expected, with the likelihood of an above-average Atlantic hurricane season rising from 30% when predicted in May to 45% in August.
○ NOAA predicts we could see 10 to 17 named storms, 5 to 9 hurricanes, and 2 to 4 major hurricanes
- In 2018, there were 15 named storms, 8 hurricanes, and 2 major hurricanes
In the case that you injure another person or damage their property, liability insurance offers the broadest coverage and can be structured in two ways:
a. Smooth or Level Limit
In this case, you would pay for injury and property damage insurance combined under a single limit of liability per occurrence.
This method limits what each injured person or passenger can claim and is typically more affordable for most aircraft owners.
Whether you’re protecting passengers in the case of inclement weather or preparing for possible damage during a storm, liability coverage will provide broad protection in the event of any injuries or damage.
This coverage will protect your airplane is the case of damage or loss.
Your aircraft will be assigned a Stated Value, which will be used to calculate your loss. If repair cost and salvage value are equal to or greater than your Stated Value, this would constitute a total loss. In the case of a total loss, the aircraft title will be transferred to the insurer.
Hull coverage is especially important during hurricane season as much of the possible damage can come from high winds and flying debris. Finding the right coverage for your needs is essential as underinsuring your aircraft could result in the loss of the vehicle in the event of a total loss.
If you or a passenger are injured in an aircraft accident, you will be provided with immediate medical expenses coverage.
As a “no-fault” coverage plan, you do not have to establish who is liable to receive payment. This coverage is typically supplemental to personal health insurance to pay other expenses not covered by personal health insurance. Our carriers usually offer insurance coverage amounts from $1,000 to $15,000.
Your aircraft isn’t the only thing you want to insure. Protect yourself and those you care about with affordable and convenient medical coverage and be ready for anything this hurricane season has to offer.
Check out our Insurance FAQ for more information about coverage options.
Contact Us Today for More Info
Download our interactive PDF form for a free insurance quote.
Call us at 1-802-434-4100 to speak to one of our experienced representatives, or contact us via phone, fax, post, or e-mail for more information about what USAF can do to protect you and your aircraft.